Diamond & Gem CuttingGemstone and diamond scratches and chips can be polished or recut
Diamonds may be the hardest substance on earth, but they can chip or crack. Once a diamond is chipped or cracked it is at risk of further damage, similar to a ding in a windshield that is left untreated. Damaged diamonds should be recut for safety and beauty.
Most diamonds are originally cut to yield a bigger gem, instead of a bearutiful diamond that sparkles. Reshaping your diamond often gives a surprising increase in its brilliance.
The ‘before’ picture is an old miners or European cut diamond with a large chip on the left side.
The ‘after’ picture is a perfectly cut diamond wiht maximum brilliance.
Gemstone Cutting and Polishing Services
- Polishing scratched gems. Gems will be removed from the jewelry before polishing, and then reset
- Replacing missing gems, including inlaid gems such as opal, onyx and many others
- Recutting chipped or cracked gems
- Cutting gems from rough material to your specifications
Ask Our ExpertsLooking for something specific?
Need some ideas? We're here to help! Customer Reviews
Fox BlogJewelry tips and answers.
- Art Show with Joe Cibere and Margy Gates Two painters who have devoted their lives and careers to art show different styles of watercolors.