Diamond & Gem CuttingGemstone and diamond scratches and chips can be polished or recut
Diamonds may be the hardest substance on earth, but they can chip or crack. Once a diamond is chipped or cracked it is at risk of further damage, similar to a ding in a windshield that is left untreated. Damaged diamonds should be recut for safety and beauty.
Most diamonds are originally cut to yield a bigger gem, instead of a bearutiful diamond that sparkles. Reshaping your diamond often gives a surprising increase in its brilliance.
The ‘before’ picture is an old miners or European cut diamond with a large chip on the left side.
The ‘after’ picture is a perfectly cut diamond wiht maximum brilliance.
Gemstone Cutting and Polishing Services
- Polishing scratched gems. Gems will be removed from the jewelry before polishing, and then reset
- Replacing missing gems, including inlaid gems such as opal, onyx and many others
- Recutting chipped or cracked gems
- Cutting gems from rough material to your specifications
Ask Our ExpertsLooking for something specific?
Need some ideas? We're here to help! Customer Reviews
Fox BlogJewelry tips and answers.
- Art Show with Karen Barnard and Dorothea Heger Karen Barnard and Dorothea Heger transform trash and ordinary objects along with ink, acryllic, and watercolor into imaginative and intricate works of art.
- Arts & Eats Fifteen galleries and shops open their doors for downtown Ventura's free event.