Jewelry Consultant and Sales Associate: Part-Time or Full-Time
About Fox Fine Jewelry
Voted “Best place to work in Ventura County” in 2017, Fox Fine Jewelry is an independent, family owned store that specializes in on-premises custom jewelry and repairs. Fox Fine Jewelry was named “America’s Coolest Jeweler” in 2015, the most prestigous jewelry award in the nation, and has been voted #1 in the county since 2010. Owned by Certified Gemologist and Master Jeweler George Fox and his wife Debbie, they are dedicated to their community, actively supporting numerous charities and displaying local artists. The entire staff is dedicated to top-notch customer service, jewelry and gem education, and are team-players. Employees are a part of the Fox Fine Jewelry family, including their resident dog!
This is a part-time or full-time position. Sales associates develop lasting relationships with clients, helping them with the sale from start to finish, from the initial introduction to ensuring they're happy with their purchase. They help design custom jewelry pieces for clients, identify needed repairs, and educate clients on jewelry and gemology in the course of their sales presentation. All sales associates are certified in jewelry and gemology, and are constantly making efforts to learn more!
- Customer service and follow-up
- Develop relationships with clients
- Identify repairs, help design custom jewelry, and sell jewelry and diamonds
- Store maintenance, including display and cleaning
- Opening and closing the store
- Some at-home learning is required
- Jewelry experience preferred but not required. We will train the right candidate!
- Two years experience in customer service, hospitality, or restaurant is required
- People person
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Self-starter entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Available weekend and evening hours, including some holidays
- Able to lift 20 pounds
- Willing to invest in learning - you will become a Certified Sales Associate in jewelry
Sales associates earn a base salary plus commission. Most sales associates earn $40,000 to $55,000 for full time work. It typically takes several months to achieve this level of financial success for associates transitioning from another industry. For those with no jewelry knowledge or retail sales experience it can take up to a year.
Health Insurance, PTO/Sick/Vacation, 401k, and great discounts on jewelry and jewelry repair!
Email cover letters and resumes to email@example.com. To be considered, cover letters must include your favorite gemstone.