To be considered, cover letters must include why you believe a career in jewelry is a good fit for you.
About Fox Fine Jewelry
Voted “Best place to work in Ventura County,” Fox Fine Jewelry is an independent, family owned store that specializes in on-premises custom jewelry and repairs. Fox Fine Jewelry was named “America’s Coolest Jeweler,” the most prestigious jewelry award in the nation, and has been voted #1 in the county since 2008. A small, stable family owned business, we are dedicated to our community, actively supporting numerous charities and displaying local artists. Our staff is dedicated to top-notch customer service, jewelry and gem education, and are team-players. Employees are a part of the Fox Fine Jewelry family!
This is a part-time or full-time position with most weekends required. Jewelry Consultants develop lasting relationships with clients, helping them with the sale from start to finish, from the initial introduction to ensuring they're happy with their purchase. They help design custom jewelry pieces for clients, identify needed repairs, and educate clients on jewelry and gemology in the course of their sales presentation. All Jewelry Consultants are certified in jewelry and gemology, and are constantly making efforts to learn more!
- Customer service and follow-up
- Develop relationships with clients
- Identify repairs, help design custom jewelry, and sell jewelry and diamonds
- Store maintenance, including display and cleaning
- Opening and closing the store
- Some at-home learning is required
- Jewelry experience is preferred but not required. We will train the right candidate!
- Two years experience in customer service, hospitality, retail or restaurant is required
- People person
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Self-starter entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Available weekend and evening hours, including some holidays
- Able to lift 20 pounds
- Willing to invest time in learning - you will become a Certified Sales Associate in jewelry
Sales associates earn a base salary plus commission. Most full-time sales associates earn $45,000 to $65,000 and about $5,000 - $7,000 in retirement contributions. It typically takes 12 - 18 months to achieve this level of financial success for associates, depending upon your jewelry knowledge, retail sales experience, and drive.
Health Insurance, PTO/Sick/Vacation, 401k, Pension Plan and great discounts on jewelry and jewelry repair!